CIF Legal Update November 16
Every month I update you on key legal developments affecting our sector.
While the weather remains distinctly BREXIT, this month I am going to comment on:
- The UK Government has confirmed that it will be implementing the General Data Protection Regulation
- Germany’s data protection commissioner to order Facebook to cease processing and to delete any data already obtained from WhatsApp
- The UK Information Commissioner recommends Personal liability for Directors & Groups challenge Privacy Shield
- A New EU Trademark Regulation
- The UK National Cyber Security Five-Year Strategy
- Manager held liable for Copyright Infringement
- A Draft Report on the Digital Content Directive
I welcome any and all feedback from members of CIF. If you have any questions please contact me directly.
Julian Heathcote Hobbins General Counsel
Deputy Chairman, CILF