CIF Legal Update Issue 6 2017
Every month I bring you my slant on the latest Legislation, Case Law and Consultations. In this edition, these are:
- The Gig Economy – Innovation but at what cost?
- Portability of online content
- German parliament approves powers to be able to fine social media firms
- IPO publishes guidance on the Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Act 2017
- Google fined record breaking €2.42 billion euros by European Commission for competition breaches
- Ofcom Review of Security Guidance
- Ofcom mobile airwaves regulations proposal
Please see my monthly book recommendation – The Old Patagonian Express by Paul Theroux. A theme of summer reads; hence a travel book. First published in 1979, this book remains every bit as much a pleasure to read and makes for perfect escapism as Theroux describes the harsh climates and unique cultures encountered along the way.
Or for a more contemporary travel read, might I suggest Alastair Sawday’s latest publication – Travelling Light: Journeys Among Special People and Places.
Julian Heathcote Hobbins General Counsel
Deputy Chairman, CILF