CIF Legal Update Issue 11 2017
Every month as a trusted contact I bring you my slant on the latest Legislation, Case Law and Consultations. In this edition, these are:
- Facebook: the new home of fake goods?
- US approves new pill capable of tracking when it has been swallowed
- Data Protection Bill continues through the House of Lords while proposed data ethics code of practice amendment is defeated
- Class action lawsuit targets Google for unlawful personal data collection
- Investigatory Powers Act: UK Government consults on proposed response to the European Court of Justice ruling
Please see my monthly book recommendation – Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker by Kevin Mitnick and William Simon.
Julian Heathcote Hobbins General Counsel
Deputy Chairman, CILF