The purpose of the Code of Practice for Cloud Service Providers ("Code") is to bring greater transparency and trust to doing business in the cloud.
Code of Practice certified cloud service providers have declared and committed to providing good quality services that adhere to the guidelines and best practices set out in the COP.
The COP is a comprehensive framework that enables service providers to benchmark their operations against standards developed by their peers and in many ways is a checklist for best practice in the provision of cloud services.
The COP covers a broad range of areas and disciplines but focuses on TRANSPARENCY, CAPABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY
For Consumers of Cloud Services
- Increased confidence when using certified service providers
- Additional reference point when selecting service or technology providers
- Continued enhancement and evolution of the COP to ensure relevance and quality
For Cloud Service providers
- Credible and recognised certification declaring operational best practice
- Use the COP as a blue print for service development
- Help promote your services via COP awareness
- Highlight service quality in the market
- PR & News activity related to certification
The Certified Mark identifies an organisation that has Self Certified to the Cloud Service Provider Code of Practice and the public declarations are accessible on the suppliers website and the CIF website Register of Certified Organisation.
The Certified+ Mark is a higher level mark that identifies an organisation that has been independently assessed by an Accredited Assessor as being compliant with the Code of Practice. The public declarations will be visible on both the Suppliers own website and the CIF website register of Certified organisations.